Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is designed for high-end hardware for intensive computing tasks and supports Intel Xeon, AMD Opteron, and the latest AMD Epycprocessors; up to four CPUs; up to 6 TB RAM; the ReFS file system; Non-Volatile Dual In-line Memory Module (NVDIMM); and remote direct memory access(RDMA).
It’s the most powerful Windows yet, with faster data handling and storage, a new file system that finds and repairs faults, support for the next generation of PC hardware and up to 4 CPUs and 6TB of memory.
Best for advanced users and small businesses that want enhanced functionality with the ability to compute-intensive workloads.
All of the features of Windows 10 Pro Plus (Workstations)
- Resilient File System (ReFS) designed for high fault tolerance and handling large data volumes
- Persistent memory to access files fast – at the speed of your computer’s main memory
- Faster file sharing with features that offer increased throughput with low latency and low CPU utilization
- Ability to run high-performance device configurations with expanded hardware support
- Required Processor: 1 GHz processor or faster
- Required Memory: 1 GB RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB for 64-bit
- Required Hard Disk Space: Up to 20 GB available
- Required Video Card: 800×600 Screen Resolution or Higher, DirectX 9 Graphics Processor with WDDM Driver
- Required Connectivity: Internet access (fees may apply)
Other System Requirements:
- Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
Advanced Performance: If you use resource-hungry applications, you need an operating system that can smoothly handle large amounts of data without choking. You need one that doesn’t make you wait for file saving or transferring, that uses fewer CPU cycles so there’s more capacity for running multiple apps simultaneously and one that runs optimized for the next generation of hardware. That’s Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.
Speed through the Toughest Workloads: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations supports devices with persistent memory (Also known as a non-volatile memory or NVDIMM-N). The fastest data storage possible on workstations, Persistent memory also keeps your files at hand if you shut down the system.
Because Time Is Money: You’ll save valuable time on file transfers between server and PC with SMB Direct. It uses RDMA-(Remote Direct Memory Access) capable network adapters to get full throughput from high-speed networks. It also provides very low latency network requests, so remote storage feels like local storage. And it significantly reduces CPU usage, so there’s more computing power available for big applications like Autodesk or Adobe Creative Suite.
Server-Grade Data Protection: Microsoft’s Resilient File System (ReFS) combined with Storage Spaces provides highly resilient storage for large volumes of data that can be automatically backed up to multiple mirrored drives. ReFS detect if data becomes corrupt on any one of them and then repairs it across all drives, which helps ensure that you’re working with clean data.
Ready For Next-Gen Hardware: Choose high-performance configurations including server-grade Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron processors, with up to 4 CPUs and add memory up to a massive 6TB. That provides the power you need to run advanced workloads, with CPU cycles left free to run other apps simultaneously.